City Sewers Current Construction
Slauson Compton Sewer Rehabilitation Project
This sewer pipe rehabilitation project is scheduled to begin early 2015 in South Los Angeles. The project is located in the Empowerment Congress Central Area between Compton Avenue and Van Ness Avenue.
- About 4 miles of sewer will be cleaned and rehabilitated. Existing maintenance holes will be rehabilitated and new maintenance holes will be constructed.
- Construction period: early 2015 through winter 2017. Weather or other circumstances could shift the work schedule. Neighbors will be informed as conditions warrant.
- Construction will generally take place Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., and on major streets from 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. to minimize traffic impacts.
- Construction Cost: $16.8M
- Construction methods will include rehabilitating existing sewers with Ultraviolet (UV) Cured-In-Place Pipe (CIPP) Liner. Sewer rehabilitation and maintenance hole rehabilitation will be performed mainly through existing maintenance holes, thereby minimizing disruption to traffic. Construction of new maintenance holes will require open-cut excavation.
LIVING WITH CONSTRUCTION
- In order to minimize disruption on your street, most of the construction work at most locations will be completed in about 5-10 business days.
- Trucks and other equipment will be used during construction for removal of debris and delivery of pipe materials.
- Dust control will be provided in all project areas.
- Enclosures or other barriers will be used in construction areas wherever necessary for public safety.
- Flaggers will be used where traffic is impacted.
- Trash pickup, deliveries, access to businesses, and access to residential driveways will be maintained.
- Parking may be temporarily restricted in some areas, and signs will be posted in advance telling you where and when.
- You will be notified 24-48 hours in advance whenever sewer services may be temporarily interrupted.