City Sewers Current Construction
North Outfall Sewer Rehabilitation - Unit 5 San Pedro to Hooper Sewer Rehabilitation Project
This sewer pipe rehabilitation project is scheduled to begin in spring 2014 in South Los Angeles.
This sewer pipe rehabilitation project is scheduled to begin in spring 2014 in South Los Angeles, starting at 23rd Street and San Pedro and extending to 20th Street and Hooper Avenue.
- About 4,500 feet of 66-inch diameter sewer pipe will be rehabilitated. Existing maintenance holes will be removed and replaced to restore the integrity of the structure and new maintenance holes will be added to allow future operation and maintenance of this sewer.
- Construction period: spring 2014 through early 2017. Weather or other circumstances could shift the work schedule. Neighbors will be informed as conditions warrant.
- Construction will generally take place Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., and on major streets from 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. to minimize traffic impacts.
- Construction Cost: $7.4 M
LIVING WITH CONSTRUCTION
- In order to minimize disruption on your street, most of the construction work at most locations will be completed in about 5-10 business days.
- Trucks and other equipment such as pipes will be used during construction, and you may see open trench excavation and debris removal.
- Dust control will be provided in all project areas.
- Enclosures or other barriers will be used in construction areas wherever necessary for public safety.
- Flaggers will be used where traffic is impacted.
- Trash pickup, deliveries, access to businesses and residential driveways will be maintained.
- Parking may be temporarily restricted in some areas, and signs will be posted in advance telling you where and when.
- You will be notified 24-48 hours in advance whenever sewer services may be temporarily interrupted.