City Sewers Current Construction
Central Outfall Sewer Slauson Avenue to Vernon Avenue Sewer Rehabilitation Project
This sewer pipe rehabilitation project is scheduled to begin in summer 2013 in the Central Alameda NC.
This sewer pipe rehabilitation project is scheduled to begin in summer 2014. The project is located in the Empowerment Congress Central Area neighborhood. The project is bounded by the intersection of Slauson Avenue and Van Ness Avenue and the intersection of Vernon Avenue and the alley east of Arlington Avenue.
- This project will rehabilitate approximately 5,300 feet of sewer pipe.
- Construction period: summer 2014 through fall 2016. Weather or other circumstances could shift the work schedule. Neighbors
- will be informed as conditions warrant.
- Construction will generally take place Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- Construction Cost: $7.2M
- Access for trash pickup, deliveries, businesses and residential driveways will be maintained.
LIVING WITH CONSTRUCTION
- Trucks and other equipment such as backhoes will be used during construction and debris removal.
- Dust control will be provided in the project area.
- Enclosures or other barriers will be used in construction areas wherever necessary for public safety.
- Flaggers will be used where traffic is impacted.
- Parking may be temporarily restricted in some areas, and signs will be posted in advance telling you where and when.
- You will be notified 24-48 hours in advance whenever sewer services may be temporarily interrupted.